Re: no network after compiling new kernel

Did you try running modconf after installation? I believe that has to be done coming from the 2.2.x version kernel.

Daryl

aeleblanc@olgc.on.ca wrote:

immediately after installing woody and confirming everything was working ok, I compiled a new kernel 2.4.19-pre8 and my network connection disappeared. the eth0 device is there and the driver is compiled into the kernel properly, i think the problem is that DHCP Isn't running, I don't see anything in /var/log/messages or in the dmesg regarding a network connection, i just see that the ethernet cards are detected properly. how can i get the network running again?

BTW if I boot into the old 2.2.20 kernel that was installed during setup the network works fine.,