Re: Installation troubles after rebooting, loops

I used the following work-around to install testing:

- first download base-config .deb package from unstable and
  put it on another partition of your harddisk (or floppy?)
- install testing until the installer starts looping (after the reboot)
- switch to another VT
- type "init 1" (goes to runlevel 1) and login as root
- then mount the partition with the unstable base config
  package and install it with dpkg
- reboot (type "reboot", do not use CTRL-D) to continue

The installation now proceeds without looping. At the point you
can select the source for apt, choose to enter it manually and
use the testing sources (I did an install from an ftp server).

- Richard.