Re: [2002-04-30] Release Status Update

Michael Stone wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 02:44:26PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > We also forgot to turn --force-overwrite on by default in dpkg this time
> > around.
>
> I thought we finally got around to agreeing that was a hack that just
> made things worse.

I don't see how a woody that is known to contain file conflicts and that
has force-overwrite turned off is any better at all then one with them
turned on. Well, unless it motivates someone to finally write a program
to detect these and file bugs/refuse to let the broken packages into the
archive post woody, that is.

--
see shy jo