Re: [2002-04-30] Release Status Update

* Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> [020430 17:45]:
> Anthony Towns wrote in a message to debian-devel-announce:
> >
> > On the upside, woody itself is ready to be released. The only outstanding
> > changes that need to be made are the standard security fixes that need
> > to be made throughout the lifetime of stable anyway.
>
> Well, not the best news, but this means we have a week or two before
> release in which testing is going to be entirely frozen with no changes.
> This seems like an excellent opportunity to do final testing of woody.
> It would be great for peace of mind to see some successful installation
> and upgrade reports. Any remaining glitches would have to just be
> documented around, rather than fixed. Just don't find any release
> critical bugs, mmmkay?

OK, for your peace of mind :)  :
I do upgrade one time in a mounth. Last summer, there was a lot of unmet
dependencies that i had to handle manually. In my upgrade today, there was
nearly nothing. Merely the upgrade of kdebase and konqueror failed in the first
attempt - i had to upgrade kdelibs3 first and everything went smooth. Should i
file a bug against kde?
For your peace of mind - to my experience, woody is now almost perfect ...

Axel
--
"Nonsense is better than no sense at all" -- (No-Means-No)
Dr. Axel Nötzold  Medizinische Universität zu Lübeck