Re: Recommend severity change to Debian Bug report #143262 (sox: rec stopped working after last upgrade)

Paul L. Rogers wrote:
> I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this, but I encountered
> the same problem as described in Debian Bug report #143262
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=143262&repeatmerged=yes).
>
> I believe that it would reflect poorly on the Debian project for a package
> to be released that is broken in such a fundamental way as part of a
> stable release.
>
> Should consideration be given to changing the severity of this bug from
> important to grave?
>
> Another possibility would be to consider releasing sox_12.17.2-1 (rec does
> work for me in this version) for woody instead of sox_12.17.3-3.

Ok, I've seen the bug. IMHO, this bug is important enough to do a new upload
but not grave enough to remove sox from the archive. Is the maintainer around?

BTW: If this is not fixed, you can still use brec, from the `bplay' package.