Re: PB disk quota & ext3 : woody + kernel 2.4.17

I found the solution and got quot + ext3 working !

If someone knows how, it would be nice to copy my comments in an
howto and in an administration document:

Be carefull : the quota file format has changed: in the Linux kernel 2.4.17 it is in the "old" format, but debian/Woody utilities does not
detect it and start using the "new" format and don't work.
To help Debian detecting the good format, after installing the "quota"
paquet, you must create empty files "quota.user" and/or "quota.group"
at the root of your filesystems under control:
for example :
	touch  /quota.user
	chmod 600 /quota.user
- Reboot:
	An error is written, because the files are empty, but it
        does not matter.
- It works.

bye
Manuel Segura