xkb definitions

I run woody on two computers and under X use standard US keyboard layout
with possibility to switch (by pressing both shifts) into czech qwerty.
Here is correspondig part of my XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "czsk"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "us_cz_qwerty"
EndSection

(I have yet to figure out how to add option equivalent to "-compat group_led" in setxkbmap)

Recently I found out that czsk layout i no longer available on one computer but
on the another one the corresponding files still exist. Here is output of relevant
commands on the second computer:

$dpkg -l xlibs
--------------------
||/ Name                Version             Description
+++-===================-===================-======================================================
ii  xlibs               4.1.0-14            X Window System client libraries
--------------------

$ls /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/c*
--------------------
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ca           /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cz
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ca_enhanced  /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cz_qwerty
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cs           /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/czsk
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cs_qwerty    /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/czsk_custom
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ctrl         /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/czsk_custom.backup
--------------------

$dpkg -S /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/c*
--------------------
xlibs: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ca
xlibs: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ca_enhanced
dpkg: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cs not found.
dpkg: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cs_qwerty not found.
xlibs: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/ctrl
xlibs: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cz
xlibs: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/cz_qwerty
dpkg: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/czsk not found.
dpkg: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/czsk_custom not found.
dpkg: /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/czsk_custom.backup not found.
---------------------

I have pure woody install on both comps, no custom builds or progs outside
of /usr/local/.

1. Anyone could explaine how could such sort of things happen?

2. If czsk layout was removed on purpose I advocate for putting it back.
   The only alternative for the czech keyboard that is left
   is cz (or cz_qwerty) which I find simply unsuitable for my needs and
   I believe I'm not the only one.

I must say that keyboard configuration under X windows is still quite arcane
thing for me, so there is possibility that cz layout is rather superset of
czsk but I really tried, spent quite a lot of time reading keyboard definitions,
(very sparse) manpages etc. but didn't succeed to fulfill my needs.

Thanks for any response.

Pavel Jurus