X11 security problem with testing:

Hello all,

I just upgraded my second box from redhat 7.1 to debian, and I can no
longer use x2x, nor can I export X11 apps over the network.  I simply get
the error message:

goose@goose-k62:/etc/X11$ x2x -to 192.168.0.207:0.0 -from :0.0 -west
x2x - error: can not open display 192.168.0.207:0.0

where the x2x command is same one as I used previously with redhat.  The
problem is not xhost related, as I use the xhost + to grant access, and
I've already changed the file /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc/ as follows:

> In /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc, try changing the following:
>
> "exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp"
>
> to read:
>
> "exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 "

seems as if the Xserver running in default debian woody does not listen to
the network and/or allow any network X connections... DOH!

I'm completely at a loss, I have no idea how to fix this problem.  Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanx

Andrew H Gosline
MASc student, Robotics and Control Laboratory
Electrical and Computer Engineering, UBC
(604) 822-9215