Re: Odd font conflict between Abiword and Mozilla

> Why are you using packages from Ximian?

I was using the Ximian packages on my potato box, since their packages for
Mozilla and AbiWord are (obviously) much more recent than those available
in potato.

I just did a clean woody install with Abiword 0.9.5 from woody and Mozilla
0.9.8 from unstable, and the exact same behavior takes place.

Could it be some sort of directory locking issue with AbiWord, keeping
Mozilla out of certain font directories?

Maybe someone else could try it.  Open Mozilla, go to espn.com and look at
the fonts.  Close Mozilla and open AbiWord, then with AbiWord still
open, open Mozilla and go to espn.com.  See if you get the same thing.

The fact that I get the exact same results on an upgraded potato box
running Ximian packages and on a clean woody box running Debian packages
leads me to believe that I'm not insane. ;)

Cheers...........

Matthew Thompson       http://mattyt.net
mattyt@oz.net          http://www.oz.net/~mattyt
"The tango, danced correctly, is so sexy that you
ought to get married afterwards." -Robert A. Heinlein