Re: apt-get dist-upgrade consistently fails

A. L. Meyers wrote:
> Finally found the solution:
>
> Doing "apt-get remove apt-knowledge" leaves an apt-knowledge config file
> sitting in /etc/apt.conf.d/ .  Running "apt-get dist-upgrade" calls this
> config file which no longer finds apt-knowledge.  Removing the
> apt-knowledge config files solves the problem.

I'm not familiar with apt-knowledge, but this behavior is a bug. A
package that drops in an apt.conf file should make the file do nothing
if the package is removed but not purged, similar to how cron.d and
init.d files need to disabled themselves if their package is purged.

--
see shy jo