RE: STARTX

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 15:10, Goedson Teixeira Paixao wrote:
> Em Seg, 2002-10-07 às 15:52, Mark L. Kahnt escreveu:
> > An apt-cache search nvidia only points to xserver-svga, which is for
> > XFree86 3.3.6, although there is a beta source code in nvidia-glx-src
> > for an XFree86 4.0 driver. Apparently you install it, build it and
> > install that, and voila.
>
> 	nvidia-glx-src is not beta source code. It's the source necessary to
> build a .deb package for the binary  only driver distributed by NVidia.
> And you will need nvidia-kernel-src also, if you want to use this
> driver.

Okay - I stand corrected. I was going by the write-up from apt-cache
show nvidia-glx-src, which with the focus my mind was in (and due to a
phone call that interrupted my thought processes) led me to that
erroneous understanding. Not running NVidia hardware here, I didn't
download and dig around the package itself.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org