how to obtain X permission from screen

Hi!  As simple, stupid end user I like simple, stupid tools like screen
on the text console and ratpoison (X screen clone) as wm.  Have screen
configured to do "startx" from a screen console.  But Debian's X
security configuration prevents screen from completed this command,
telling me I am not authorised to access X.  So I have to open another
tty using login.  Sigh.

How can I reconfigure Debian X to get permission for screen, please?

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15