apache-ssl bug?

Hi,

a few weeks ago a bug showed up in apache-ssl in the testing
distribution:  The version 1.3.24-3 of apache-common
introduced a small incompatibility to apache-ssl, which is
at version 1.3.24.2+1.47-2 now.  The apache-ssl in unstable
(version 1.3.24.3+1.48-2) fixes this problem:

I'm not 100% aware of the distribution policy of debian, but
I understood that the fixed version could not make it into
testing for some time.  However, today my "aptitude update"
gave me some upgraded packages, so I expected apache-ssl to
be fixed in testing, too - but it didn't show up.

Is debian woody really expected to "ship" with a non-working
apache-ssl?

Regards

  Jonas

--
  "Scientific progress goes 'BOINK'?" - Hobbes