strange error while printing

I have installed evolution 1.0.3 on my debian-woody-gnome1.4 system,
and all work well except printing.
If I try to print an email - I use cups for printing, but the same
happens when I try to print to a file or just to see the print preview -
I get this strange error:

"The Evolution component that handles folders of type "mail" has
unexpectedly quit. You will need to quit Evolution and restart in order
to access that data again."

 I can print with any other application except evolution and it seems
that this is not properly a printing problem since Evo crashes even
before displaying the print preview.

The strange thing about that problem is that the first time I launch
Evolution, before feching mail I can see the preview of the Ximian
standard welcome email and print it. After I ferch mail for the first
time Evolution starts crashing.
I even thought it could be a problem related to the dir Evo places mails
in, that is not /home/user/Mail but is inside /home/user/evolution.

Anybody could give me some hint about it?

tnx in advance,
leonardo