Re: Woody net install: no /dev/cdrom created

    "Joey" == Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

    Joey> Shyamal Prasad wrote:
    >> However, should the install procedure somehow suggest to the
    >> user that this should be done? Or walk a user through a setup?
    >> ("Would you like to set up a CDROM device?")

    Joey> This is bug #100749 and is not as easy to address as you
    Joey> might think.  See the logs of that bug report.

Yes, I see that.

However, there was one option that was not discussed, or if it was, I
missed it. If you know that /dev/cdrom will (might) not be set up,
just *tell* the installer that this might be the case. Experienced
*nix installers will know what to do, newbies will get a clue.

Well, at any rate. I'm perfectly happy anyway, knowing about symlinks
and all ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal