Gnome without window manager?

During the installation of Woody I found that I can install X-Windows
with the gnome desktop without any window manager.  I think that should
not be.  For a newbie that is a bad situation.  You can not minimize,
destroy or minimize windows.  And the desktop does not look good.

Shouldn't at least a default window manager be installed anyway?

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Refrain from anger, and turn from wrath; do not fret-
      it leads only to evil."            Psalms 37:8