Re: emacs21

In 26 Dec 2001 23:55:38 -0800 Thomas cum veritate scripsit :

> > What it means is that by installing emacs21 21.1-7 source to testing,
> > it will pull in emacs21-el 21.1-7, which is not compatible with
> > emacs21 21.1-5 in m68k.
> >
> > So this means, emacs21 has not been built on m68k.
>
> But it hasn't been built there for 18 days.  Why not?
>
> Note the similarity to my sawfish question of last week.

Yes, I have been wondering about these kinds of incidences.

It seems like the algorithm used in choosing which package to build,
is not optimal for the testing distribution.

In terms of an optimized system for the testing distribution,
our design goal would be an order of building that will
minimize the number of "Out of date" packages (i.e. trying to
build packages within the 10 days of upload).

The optimal answer for this question is, to start building
oldest packages first, and don't bother with "just uploaded
packages", which obviously isn't happening.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4