Re: Matrox G550 not supported

> now I wanted to install the current test version in debian of the
> xfree with apt-get but I didn't find how to install test packages. I also
> tried dpkg but it didn't install it cleanly. Could anyone give me a suggestion
> to solve this problem, please?

What exactly is it you want to do?  Your options are (in order from easiest
to hardest):

  * upgrade the entire system to the testing version of Debian

  * upgrade just XFree86 and its dependencies to the testing version,
    running half stable/half testing

  * upgrade just XFree86 to the testing version, keeping as many stable
    packages as possible

I don't recommend the third option.  It's pretty hairy.

Eric