Re: Kernel 2.4.x compilation problem

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 04:15:53PM +0100, robert_karllson@non.agilent.com wrote:

> Any more who had the same problem. (The same message didn't just come from
> the soundcard, it also came from the netdriver). And as everything compiled
> neatly before the update, I do not believe that this is a kernel issue in
> itself.

I heard, that this is a kernel problem, which is activated by the new
binutils in testing/woody.

It should be fixed in the unofficial testing kernels 2.4.17-pre8 and
above (is this only a coincidence - testing kernels needed for testing
binutils:-).

The alternative is downgrading the binutils, e.g. I need older kernels
for a partimage floppy (newer kernels seem to have problems with the
root fs on floppies, but that's another story...), so I will try to
install an older version of binutils at the weekend (2.11.92.0.10-4
should work, I was told).

Regards
Holger
--