From: Cem Kavuklu [mailto:cemkavuklu@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 4:10 PM
To: debian-testing@lists.debian.org
Subject: Kernel 2.4.x compilation problem

Hi,
The problem is I cannot compile a new kernel under woody. This is
specific to 2.4.x kernels. 2.2.x just do fine.
The error message I get from 'make bzImage' is:

drivers/char/char.o (.data+0x46b4) undefined reference to 'local symbols
in discarded section .text.exit'
drivers/net/net.o (.data+0xbb4) undefined reference to 'local symbols in
discarded section .text.exit'
drivers/sound/sounddrivers.o (.data+0x1d4) undefined reference to 'local
symbols in discarded section .text.exit'
net/network.o (.text.lock+0x152.c) undefined reference to 'local symbols
in discarded section .text.exit'

I searched the mailing list archives but could not get any related
information. If anyone can help I would be very happy.

Thank in advance.