Re: 2 problems with installation regarding network config and boot loaders

As far as I know (and remember) you have the alternatives to the action
you are up to perform: for exemple you might already want reboot the
system  before the start disk is created (you just don't wanna any
boot disks). I think that you can skip the section 'make linux bootable
from directly from the hard disk' which installs LILO. This is, however,
no very intuitive.
What I think could be more suitable instead of those alternatives is  a
skip
option. The first time I installed my potato I actually didn't know I
could've skipped the creation of bootdisks. I thought then an important
part of the
installation process was missing and to make sure I reinstalled it once
again :)))

About the ppp I don't know much though. Happy to be connected to a wider
local network with a DHCP server well configured.

Tomek