Report on 3.0.11 reiserfs images and testing installation

Installing on an i386 machine with the reiserfs 1.44 images.

Problem 1 - Reiserfs partition to small / Uninformative error message

    I created a small partition for /boot and mkreiserfs failed because the
    partition was too small. The parition needs to have 8212 blocks.

    The error I received was "The filesystem could not be created."

    Possible solutions:

        1. An earlier notice about minimum reiserfs filesystem size.
        2. A better error message about why the filesystem couldn't be
        created.

Problem 2 - Wrong System.map name?

    My guess is that /boot/System.map-2.2.19
           should be /boot/System.map-2.2.19-reiserfs

    At the end of my woody installation i looked through syslog to find
    "kernel: Cannot find map file." My guess is this is a message from
    klogd failing to find the System.map file.

Problem 3 (maybe) - syslog contains "kernel: No module symbols loaded."

    I don't know if this is a problem or normal.

Problem 4 - Task-sel looks funky towards the bottom the list.

    Miscellaneous:
    ( ) Tex/Latex
    ( ) (no description)
    ( ) devel c++

    That devel c++ is the same as the earlier one under "development", since
    it was also selected as I had selected the earlier one. Also, probably
    the "(no description)" entry shouldn't be there.

--brainsik--