Re: Woody install from Floppy

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu wrote:

> >         I hope this is the approriate place to ask this question.
> > I've been running debina at home for about 6 months now (prior to that I used
> > RedHat for many years).  I want to install it at work on a clients machine.
> > I was hoping I could install a full woody system.
>
> Good luck.  These disks are not for the feint of heart.  It's much easier
> to install potato and then upgrade than to install woody from scratch.

I figured as much :)

> > My question is basically where can I get accurate info on how to install a
> > fresh woody system.
>
> Adam Di Carlo's brain?

Can I get in touch with him directly, or does he read this list.

> This stuff is still in development.  If you want to assist the boot floppy
> development, by all means, go ahead and use them, otherwise, stick with
> potato and then upgrade from there.

I'm more than happy to use the testing disks.  I don't know if I how much help
I can be BUT I'm willing to test them and give some feedback.

Even if the feedback is:
On this hardware ..... I did ..... and it didn't work.  I got XYZ errors etc
etc.

I even have a PPC running slink :) Yeah real old.  I'd be happy to test the
boot floppies on that, repeatedly.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein