Re: 2.4.9 kernel and large initrd file

Usually Debian kernels install their config files as well, in
/boot/config-2.4.9 as an example.

thanks Phillippe and Hugo, I've now compiled in the SCSI support I need, but now I'm getting a message "cramfs: bad magic", followed by a kernel panic about not finding the root fs.

I assume this is not finding initrd properly.

I'm using syslinux, the syslinux.cfg file looks like this:

DISPLAY message.txt
TIMEOUT 40
PROMPT 1
DEFAULT linux
APPEND root=/dev/sda1 ro aic7xxx=reverse_scan noinitrd

I've also tried initrd= instead of noinitrd, and removing initrd support from the kernel.

Erik

|   Erik Erskine                                 erik@sundayta.com   |
|   Sundayta Ltd                                                     |