apt-get error message during upgrade (tk8.3)

While performing an upgrade to my system about 2 days ago, I received
the following error from `apt-get upgrade' :

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/debconf_1.0.00_all.deb
(--unpack):
 files list file for package `tk8.3' contains empty filename
 /var/cache/apt/archives/debconf_1.0.00_all.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.

This looks like it might be a problem with the tk8.3 package to me, can
anyone offer any assistance or insight?

--
Anthony Fairchild