Re: Still no base tarball

On Thursday, 23 Aug 2001, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>I downloaded the tarball from people several days ago and it took just at
>4 1/2 hours. While I have a 56K modem, my country phone lines will only
>support about 22k of traffic. I didn't make this up.

... plus, we don't all have 56K modems. I still was using a 28.8 until
the advent of cable modem, and my cable provider's monstrous
incompetence means that I do find myself using it now and then.

>I'm not tied to the tarball. Floppies solve the problem just as well.
>Basicly either could be used.[1] Which takes up the least space?

Floppy images, please! It's much more obvious what to do with them.

--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?