Re: Still no base tarball

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 02:29:32PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > nobody has yet provided a convincing argument for putting the
> > tarball on the CDs.
    ^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^

see that says **tarball**

it does NOT say *floppy images*

> So I'd say about 30% of machines I see need the whole base install done
> from floppies. Now, I agree that I am completely able to download the
> tarball and split it up onto floppies, but that is not true of everyone,
> and folks are going to be pretty disapointed if they buy a CD and find
> there isn't enough there to install the base system on their piece-of-junk
> machine.

as i said in my post i don't have a problem including the base tarball
floppy images on the CD, what i have a problem with, and what nobody,
including you, has provided ANY rational for is providing the base
***TARBALL*** on the CDs.

if your box can't read a CD it can't read a basedebs.tgz on the CD now
can it?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/