Re: dselect install does not work

Santiago Vila wrote:
> 93% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 102, <TEMPLATES> chunk 2.
> E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)

I grepped the whole archive the other day and traced this back to three
packages that had templates files that were not usable by potato's
debconf. At least one of those (leafnode) is already fixed, bugs are
filed on all, etc. But none of them are part of standard IIRC, so I
don't know why you'd have run accross them in this test. You can find
out what package it is with strace, or by running dpkg-preconfigure by
hand on each .deb it was going to intall. I doubt I missed a package in
my grep of the archive, but it couldn't hurt to make sure.

Current debconfs, of course, output a much more informative message that
includes the package name, and just skip over it sanely when they run
into this kind of thing. Of course, current debconfs also have no
problems with these templates files..

--
see shy jo