Potato-pre CD rsync servers

I've two minor problems with creation of the CD images using the pseudo
image kit according to http://cdimage.debian.org/potato_pre.html:

- The .list files contain some files that cannot even be found on
  ftp.debian.org, e.g. pics/*, README.html, upgrade/*
  However, rsync will do the job.

- The rsync server next to me (Germany) and sunsite.org.uk (as explained
  in the welcome message of cdimage.debian.org) seem to be missing
  the required CD image files. Or may be I've tried the wrong paths?
  However, cdimage.debian.org serves the rsync request using the same
  naming scheme.