Re: Upgrade report: Test Cycle 2

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 10:42:48AM +0200, Sven Hartrumpf écrivait:
> > I just want to report a successful upgrade
> > from slink to potato-test-cycle-2 (i386) following the instructions
> > in bin1::upgrade/release-notes.en.txt and using bin CDs 1, 2 and 3.
> >
> > Removing egcc ...
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/egcc.prerm: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or directory
> > dpkg: error processing egcc (--remove):
> >  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
> [...]
> > The reason for this error was:
> > /usr/sbin/update-alternatives contained
> > #! /usr/local/bin/perl
> > but on my slink system, there was no /usr/local/bin/perl, just
> > /usr/bin/perl.
>
> Did you install the static dpkg stuff ? Where did you get it from ?
>
> We already had such a problem in the first version of static dpkg that we
> provided on Anne's page, but I recompiled it and it should be ok now ...
> unless the bad one has been installed...
>
> Anne, can you check if the good dpkg package has been installed by
> Richard in the upgrade-i386 directory ?

The dpkg package in upgrade(-i386)/ is okay everywhere I can check, which
includes the Debian FTP archive and the test-cycle-2 Non-US i386 Binary-1 CD.
However, at the moment I can _not_ check the US-exportable CDs.

The "wrong" version has (AFAIK) never been in the Debian FTP archive; it has
been on my private site only for a few days.

Sven: Where exactly did you get your CD from?

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer