Upgrade report: Test Cycle 2

Hi.
I just want to report a successful upgrade
from slink to potato-test-cycle-2 (i386) following the instructions
in bin1::upgrade/release-notes.en.txt and using bin CDs 1, 2 and 3.

Only one nontrivial problem occurred.
Excerpt from upgrade-2.2.typescript,
full typescript available at
http://pi7.fernuni-hagen.de/hartrumpf/upgrade-2.2.typescript :

----

Removing egcc ...

/var/lib/dpkg/info/egcc.prerm: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or directory

dpkg: error processing egcc (--remove):

 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1

/var/lib/dpkg/info/egcc.postinst: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or directory

dpkg: error while cleaning up:

 egcc

---

The reason for this error was:
/usr/sbin/update-alternatives contained
#! /usr/local/bin/perl
but on my slink system, there was no /usr/local/bin/perl, just
/usr/bin/perl.

Ciao
Sven