Re: [Install Report] Potato install for DSL router + show off box

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  I ran through it again, and this time it worked, with no hang getting
>  the sources lists.  I guess the first time something screwed up in
>  the connection or something?  I've had `apt-get update' not work in
>  `gnome-terminal' sessions -- it just sits there, no network traffic
>  or anything, so I C-c it, then I type `reset', re-run the `apt-get'
>  command, and it works fine.  Could it have been the same phenomenon?
>  Like it's blocking on terminal output?  You tell me and we'll both
>  know.

I wonder if you had told it to use http.us.debian.org? I have noticed
that occasionally one of the servers on that rotation will be down, or
not routable, so if you restart apt (and get another one), it then works
ok.

This is why I don't currently use http.us.debian.org on my boxes. :-(

--
see shy jo