Re: The X / mouse touble

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 12:14:45PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> I just compiled something, which could go with the Debian documentation (the
> faqomatic is not working). Is there already somebody, which compiles the
> release documentation for potato?
>
> Mouse works with gpm, but not with X:
> =====================================

<snip>

Thanks a lot for writing this up, I'll do what I can as the gpm
maintainer to get this into the release notes..

FWIW I'm trying to get X to default to reading from gpm if possible,
but its proving to be a more, interesting, task to convince people then I
thought it would be..

At some point I may integrate the X mouse handling code into gpm to
make things even saner, but thats going to be a little while..

Zephaniah E. Hull..

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.