Re: Problem: libc6 package in frozen damaged?

sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu scripsit:
|2.1.3-4 was installed over 2.1.3-2.

Ha, so it was incremental...

|What version of dpkg are you running?  Could it be that your dpkg is too
|old to install the package?

vivian:/var/cache/apt/archives# dpkg --version
Debian Linux `dpkg' package management program version 1.4.0.35 (i386 elf).
Copyright 1994-1996 Ian Jackson, Bruce Perens.  This is free software;

Could well be too old but I did run apt-get -f dist-upgrade which (at
least when I did my 2.1 - 2.2 migration on the laptop) normally does
the Right Thing(tm).  I do have a more recent dpkg but of course it
depends on libc6 > 2.1 which isn't installed because this dpkg can't
manage. Argh.

Arrigo