Re: Regarding Debuging Rescue Kernel Hangs with AHA-2940

[Following up my own post, but don't have a copy.]
It turns out (as you probably know) that slink does support 3com 905 from
the rescue disk -- or is supposed to.  In my case, I was using the
aic7xxx-only disk from ftp://kalle.csb.ki.se/pub with the stock driver
disk (per the #errata document), but as said aic7xxx-only disk uses a
2.0.36 kernel it did not work well (or at all) with the stock driver disk
which is 2.0.38 based -- basically I wound up with a moduleless (and hence
905 supportless) install.  I'm retrying with a matched set of images from
http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/slink/5.1.19/, which will hopefully
provide better results.  Mmmmm.  Retries.

Max