Re: Compaq Smart array and DAC960 support on potato boot floppies -- your help needed

> I hacked together a slink boot floppy that has the Compaq Smart Array drivers
> and the correct device files in /dev.  The biggest problem that I had was that
> I had to manually partition, format, and mount the partitions on the array.

please don't... we are working on potato, so please test with potato boot
disks. we actually have boot floppies that have these modules compiled in.
we just need people to test them and report their findings.

i appreciate your efforts, but we really need to concentrate on finishing up
potato boot floppies.

there is a pre 2.2.6 potato boot floppies build at
http://lully.debian.org/~tausq/20000201/. You probably want the
rescue/root/driver images in the disks-1.44/compact directory.

Hopefully official 2.2.6 boot floppies will be available in the next couple
of days.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>