Trying 2.2.4 boot floppies

Hi,

I installed using 2 floppies (rescue & root.bin), with drivers and
base.tar.gz on my production ext2fs partition.

I found two problems that would probably confuse newbies,

    1. In the supplied virgin /etc/apt/sources.list, I had to change
    lines like this,

        deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

    to look like this,

        deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main
        contrib non-free

    in order to be able to access the non-US archive.

    2. While fixing 1. above, I found that `ftp' and `clear' programs
    were linked against libncurses5, which was not included in the
    base tarball.  I just used apt-get to install libncurses5 and then
    these programs worked fine.

HTH,
--
Jeff Sheinberg  <jeffsh@erols.com>