Re: Uploaded boot-floppies 2.2.4 (source all) to master

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> >To use CVS, will I need a partial mirror for the base system, or is
> >it possible to skip that step?
>
> No, but at least you can do 'make mirror' to get the stuff.

Hmm, looks like I need to be a developer for that.  I really should go
through that process one day.  I also couldn't find
scripts/rootdisk/EXTRACT_LIST_*, maybe another developer only thing.  At
the very least, you've encouraged me to finally learn cvs which I'd been
meaning to do.

> >Thanks for the pointer, I'll be sure to give 2.2.5 a try,
>
> We'll try to get 2.2.5 uploaded soon.

Excellent.  I forgot to mention that these floppies did fare better than
the 2.1 set on the netfinity.  The 2.1 would just hang on the install
screen and on an attempted reboot.  Manually starting dbootstrap on 2.2.4
at least gets a menu or two without weird system lockups.

Makes me a little excited to see the next version.  The physical labor of
mounting that monster in the rack and installing the os are 9/10 of
ownership :-)

Looking forward to the next release,
Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch