bf-common.tgz Was: ps reports Error: /proc must be mounted and also Segmentation fault?

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 09:33:08AM +0200 , Shaul Karl wrote:
> root1440.bin is not included explicitly.
> [09:19:30 bf]$ tar ztf bf-common.tar.gz

this file is intended as a help to archive maintainers. Formely there were ~50
files, which were installed by hand. Now there are aprox. 3 for architecture.
This file is copied into dists-$arch/data and there unpacked.
> common/
> common/base2_2.tgz
> common/drivers.tgz
>
> And the contents of common/base2_2.tgz is what seems to me a minimal debian
> system: there is all the root directory tree with with programs in it. After

base2_2.tgz is what you get on a fresh install.

> What is this bf-common.tar.gz anyway? Is it a file from which the boot disks
> are created by dividing it into the required size?

No. Images have already correct size. This way they are only grouped together
for easier transport.

				Petr Čech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}