NFS server, permission denied, latest potato

Hi all,

I've got one machine among those I administer which I've been periodically
syncing to the latest potato on the local mirror about once a week or so.

When I did the dist-upgrade this past weekend, though, I lost NFS serving
capabilities.  I'm at a loss to explain why.

I've got two directories listed in /etc/exports, with lists of machines
with fully qualified domain names that may mount those directories (rw).
Those machine names do not exist in /etc/hosts, but are resolved by DNS
lookups.

Every machine that attempts to mount one of these directories is given
a "Permission denied" response.

I'm using the user-space NFS server package.

Anyone have a clue as to what might be happening?  Has anyone else
experienced this?

Eric