Re: boot-floppies dselect acquisition methods

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:45:39 -0700 (MST), Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> said:
>[Adam Di Carlo said]
>> Yes, well, I hope we have dhcp in the next version; I think
>> tftp/nfs installation is going to become probably a premier method
>> for anyone doing more than one installation on the same network.

> tftp has some weird size limit that I know our base tar is over :>

Well, tftp is for booting, not for installing base.

> in truth http is as simple as ftp and is probably more common too!
> When the base disks get http support I will be exstatic!

You want to boot from http?  Or you want to be able to install base
from http?  Hmm... that doesn't sound too hard?!

Enrique was talking about 'boot profiles' to automate booting
choice-making.  HTTP is a good way to serve up that info also!