Re: Debian v2.1 ("Slink") Deep Freeze

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Brian White wrote:

> 		     Debian v2.1 ("Slink") Deep Freeze
> After considerable delay, Slink is almost ready for release.  As such, it
> will go into the "deep freeze" on Wednesday, January 20th.

Brian, will you please consider to do a ftp.debian.org bug hunting *before*
doing any deep freeze?

Some bugs reported two months ago have not been fixed yet. This means that

* They are difficult to fix (unlikely).
* There are not enough ftp.debian.org maintainers (I don't know).
* The release manager does not care about ftp.debian.org bugs (I hope not).
* Some other reason (Which one?).

Could somebody explain me, why, oh why, do we have to wait more than two
months for trivial ftp.debian.org bugs to be fixed?

 "2c98611832ea3f6f5fdda95d3704fbb8" (a truly random sig)