Re: lilo config segfaults in 2.1.4

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 11:48:42AM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 11:02:57PM +0100, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
> > I tried a slink install on a new computer with NT and DOS installed.
> > All went well upto the point
> >   "Make Linux bootable directly from the harddisk"
> >
> > This one returns to the mono/color screen. No questions asked, just on
> > selecting that item from the main menu.
>
> Which partition did you used for the root filesystem? May you send me a
> list of your disks/partitions?
Sorry not having included this first time.

It's an 8.4 Gigabyte harddisk, Partitions
hda1 500M DOS
hda4 Rest
hda5   2G NT
hda6 128M Linux swap
hda7   2G Linux
hda8 1.5G Linux
hda9 1.5G Linux

I ignored hda8 and hda9 for now and told the installation to
mount hda7 as / and hda8 as /home

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *