hamm upgrade report

Just a few notes from my recent hamm upgrade.  I admit that I haven't
followed every message on debian-devel/testing so a couple of these
might be old issues:

I upgraded using dselect, after selected the packages I wanted and
choosing install it immediately bombed on the first package
libncurses4 because it depended on libc6 (>= 2.0.7u-6) (which it
hadn't got to yet)  Manually installing libc6 2.0.7t fixed that.
Next problem was netscape4-base which seemed to have the wrong
filename in my copy of the archive: netscape-base-4_5.deb again a
manual install fixed this.

I guess you are not allowed to perform a system upgrade while running
X because it killed my X session.

Otherwise everything went fine, a couple minor things with X (that
appear to be fixed in the latest X snapshots).  Overall we are getting
close.

Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: jim@ic.uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-3746