Slink install

Ok, I tried it one more time, and paid very close attention to everything
I did, and I figured out where I went wrong.  When dselect first started
up, I was accepting the defaults for everything.  I didn't notice that the
directory from which packages were being downloaded was 'stable' instead
of 'frozen'.  After changing this to 'frozen', all is well.

Well, not really, since I seem to have gotten some corrupted packages
which resulted in segmentation faults, which resulted in packages not
being installed, which resulted in dependency problems, blah, blah...
It's late and I'm going to bed. :)

I will try another install from scratch after all my New Year's
festivities have finished.  I will also do a clean hamm install from CD
and then upgrade to slink to see how that goes.  Probably will report back
Sunday or Monday.

Cheers,
Matthew