Booting a Compaq 120MB floppy

I tried to use bootdisks 2.1.3 on a new Compaq DeskPro with the 120MB floppy
drive. It booted fine. When it came to install the kernel from the floppy it
booted from, it hung for a long time and gave the message "mount /dev/fd0
(type msdos) on /floppy: wrong filesystem type or bad superblock on
/dev/fd0", then again for ext2fs.

On this machine, the floppy seems to appear as /dev/hdc. I tried to install
the files from a partition (after mounting /dev/hdc manually), but it insists
on looking for a file called resc1440.bin, rather than the contents of
resc1440.bin (which is what is on the boot floppy).

The option to install by just copying the files, rather than insisting on
access to resc1440.bin would be very helpful - could the installation script
support both?

Thanks,
Ian Redfern (redferni@logica.com).