Re: Latest install report

>> Policy says, that a package should be functional after installation. I
>> don't know if this is wise for xdm. Maybe it should come disabled and
>> print a message how to enable in in postinst.
>
> Hmm... that's a good point.

With xdm being its own package, there is no reason to install it unless you
want it.  And we are trying to move away from interaction during installs, so
postinst printing is going to not be an option in the somewhat near future.

There is also an option file in /etc/X11 or /etc/X11/xdm that has a line of
start-xdm, simply removing that line will turn xdm off.  No need to touch the
scripts.