Monthly Regulars Meeting in Zurich (was: Re: Small Debian Gathering in Zurich on Fri. 25th of Oct., 20:00 at Tant Pis)

Hi,

Rene Moser wrote:
> Yep, I am also interested but I am quite rare in Zürich and 20:00 is too
> late for me.

We already decided for 19:00 for now. See the other thread with the
official announcement at [1] or the wiki entry at [2]

[1] https://lists.debian.ch/pipermail/community/2013/001011.html
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Switzerland

> What about starting at 18:30?

You are free to come earlier and we can also make the official start
earlier the next time in case others want to come earlier, too.

But I can't promise to be on time then. Actually, I'm quite sure, I
won't be there on time in most cases. ;-)

But then again we deliberately announced it as "starting at 19:00",
i.e. everybody is free to come later anyway. :-)

> > And as another idea, how do you feel about rotating cities between
> > Zurich, Bern and something in the Romandie (probably Lausanne or
> > even Geneva)? This way we might be able to attract even more
> > people.
>
> I would loved that, if you could rotate cities. At least once in a while.

Hrm. I'd prefer if each city/region/canton would have their own
meeting, mostly because then we don't have to coordinate how organises
the next meeting. At least I won't organise a regular meeting outside
the canton of Zurich. IMHO such meetings should be organised by
someone who's familiar with the city and its locations.

Of course such meetings could be arranged in a way so that their dates
don't overlap. I'm also fine with moving to a bi-monthly schedule for
Zurich if e.g. Bern also wants to meet on every first Tuesday of a
month.

But in general I'd prefer if meetings in different cities are
independent.

I'm also sure, it's called "local group" in the wiki for a reason. ;-)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin