Re: smartcards in .ch?

On 06/21/2013 09:56 AM, Marc SCHAEFER wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 02:39:03PM +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:
>> limit over the goods price *plus* shipping costs, so it's usually closer
>
> plus `presentation costs', which according to transporters can range from
> 10 to 25 CHF; in one case those costs were the reasons why I had
> to pay VAT.

Ouch.

Uh .. but .. you usually don't pay that presentation cost if the the
total value is below the limit, do you? Sounds like this all depends on
the blood pressure of the agent in charge...

Or what transporter was that? I remember reading complaints about UPS
always charging such a fee, even if it didn't have to present anything
to the customs (for German customers, though).

I'm awaiting something from Hong Kong in a few days [1]. Totaling to
somewhere just below the limit. I'll report back how that turned out.

Regards

Markus

[1]: rc helicopter replacement parts - I'm still crashing that thing way
too often  ;-)