Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party

Le mercredi, 15 août 2012 21.14:42, Luca Capello a écrit :
> >> For comfort reasons I would go for the "passerelle" building. The oder
> >> one is a big dorm room.
> >
> > Bah. I wouldn't really care about comfort for a one-night BSP. But
> > "passerelle" is also cheaper, surprisingly. So 13-14 oct, in "Passerelle"
> > would cost 450 for 20 people. That would already be a quite big BSP!
>
> Is not the other way around, i.e. "Passerelle" (id=6) is 650CHF while
> "Maison 6" (id=4) is 450CHF.

Okay, my bad sorry. My point stands though: whatever cheapest will do for me.

> > Do we go on with this? Are there blockers ? Would it be okay to e.g. ask
> > the DPL to pay for the accomodation and have food+travel for attendees ?
> > More ? Less ?
>
> I have not understood for what you want to ask money: accommodation only
> or full sponsor?

It depends on how much money might be available. Or if we can have sponsors
for it, the internet connection or the food, etc. I don't have particular
wills and I'm personally OKay with paying for my travel and food.

>                    Nevertheless, we should go forward as any other BSP:
> call for attendees (with no promise about reimbursement without
> confirmation from the DPL) and then based on the number of attendees we
> decide if the BSP will stand or not.

Fine enough for me. Given the minimum price of the accomodation, 15 attendees
(30 CHF/night) would be a bare minimum (and 30 a maximum). I don't know if
that's reasonable to reach.

> Please note that we should also take the opportunity to have some
> DebConf organizers at 'Le Camp' (IMHO this is even more important than
> the BSP itself), which means that we should check with debconf-team@ the
> best dates for most of them.

Of course. Do we go on with that plan? Marc: does that continue to motivate
you?

Cheers,

bOdyX